Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Hunger Games

I NEVER thought I would be saying this, but I started and finished The Hunger Games Trilogy.  I'm not typically into the 'Fantasy/Sci-Fi' genre.  I am definitely NOT a Twi-Heart (AKA Twilight fanatic) and I have no interest in any of those books or movies.  Vampires, werewolves... WHAT?  I only started to read the Hunger Games from a recommendation from my mom who typically doesn't like this genre either, but said it was really good.  So I ordered the first book on my new Kindle Touch (love it) and could not put it down! 

I'll give you a brief synopis-(NOT A SPOILER) We are in the FUTURE and USA no longer exists because of wars and depletion of resources.  It is now PANEM with the Capitol and 13 districts.  District 13 was destroyed because it attacked the Capitol. In the Capitol's attempt to discourage the other District's from rebelling, they created the Hunger Games.  Each District must send 2 tributes, 1 male/1 female, each year to the games.  All tributes are teenagers.  They are put into an arena where they fight to the death leaving one Victor. 

I told you it would be brief!  I definitely do not want to give any more information away, but this trilogy definitely lives up to it's hype!  After I finish a book or series, I get post-book depression.  I don't know what to do with myself after so much time has been consumed in the lives of the characters in the story.  Is this a normal way to feel OR am I just really strange? 

Anywho, I do not have to be too depressed because the movie is opening in MARCH!!  March 23rd to be exact.  My mom already planned a date to go see it!  I'm so EXCITED!!!

Check out this trailer!!


Have a happy day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I heart the hunger games books! I read them all in the week I had to wait to find out the results of our board exam! I swear, it's the only way I survived the wait!

    ReplyDelete