Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY Laundry Gift Basket


My mom and I are going to a bridal shower tomorrow for my best friend Ashley.  We did not want to do the same ol' same ol' wrapped present with item that the couple registered for.  Don't get me wrong, that is perfectly fine, but that is not how we roll!  We did get her something off of her registry, but we added some more items to stick with our laundry theme.  ENJOY!


Items in Basket:
  • Shark Steam Iron (On couple's registry)
  • Clorox Bleach (Bride's FAVORITE!)
  • Laundry Detergent
  • Snuggle Fabric Softener
  • Shout Stain Remover
  • Lingerie Bag for Washing Machine
  • Drying bag for shoes (The bride and groom both work in the medical field so it is absolutely necessary to wash/dry their tennis shoes often.  This way they will not have that awful noise from banging shoes because the shoes stay on the door of the dryer.  Super cool!)
 I also included this personalized hanger that you see on ETSY that she can use on her wedding day.  You can see in later pictures that I added a blue bow to the top to go with our basket colors.  I will add a tutorial on how to make this soon because I will be making these for my wedding!!! :)


To decorate the laundry basket, I got the idea to make rosettes out of socks that were left behind in the laundry.  You can see the tutorial on how I made these here.  I hotglued three sock rosettes together then attached them to a blue ribbon.

 I wrapped the ribbon in and out of the basket.   I connected the ends of the ribbon with a dab of hot glue.  I did not want to glue the ribbon or flowers to the laundry basket so that she can actually use it in the future.

Here are some pictures of the finished product.  Hope she likes it!


This was a fun project that my mom and I got to do together.  There are so many themed baskets that you could do and since so many of my friends are getting hitched soon, we will have plenty of opportunities to make baskets and I will post them all here!  Have a wonderful day!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Giving sometime in reading blogs like this is kinda a waste of time for me as a busy person but I don’t want to outdated on such matters about hostel laundry service so I really admire you for your passion in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being one of the people who do care about dry cleaning delivery service I always wanted to gain lots of information about it since I want to find some good benefits in having this.

    ReplyDelete