Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sock Rosette {Tutorial}


Yes…Most people make rosettes out of beautiful scrap fabrics, but no not me.  I used those sad lonely socks that you find randomly in the laundry room. Everyone has at least one or two of these mysterious socks!  I got the idea to make sock rosettes when my mom and I were making a bridal shower gift basket for my best friend.  (I will post this soon.)  Here is a quick tutorial on how to make these!  You could use this tutorial to make rosettes out of most any fabric. 
I started with a lone sock.  You can use long tube socks to make larger rosettes and no-show socks to make smaller rosettes. 

Cut the sock down the “imaginary’ seams to the toe.  Tip: Make small slits on both sides of the toe area to make the sock as flat as possible.  Fold the sock in half (hot dog style). 

Tie a loose knot in one end of the sock.

 
Start to wrap sock fabric around knot semi-tightly while covering the loose fabric at the end of the knot.  While wrapping, twist fabric to create petals. 
Tip:  Always twist in the same direction. 

Keep wrapping/twisting until you come to the end or the rosette is the size you want. 

Do one final twist and tuck the remaining fabric under the back of the rosette.  Secure it with a dot of hot glue.

Now you have your very own SOCK ROSETTE!  It's Simple, Easy, and CHEAP!  My Favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment