Monday, November 14, 2011

Clean Mud Recipe

I am currently completing a Fieldwork in the school system.  I have 6 back to back Sensory Awareness groups one day a week at an elementary school.  We have been working on the sense of TOUCH and I wanted to make clean mud which I learned about from my roommate Rebecca.  Ofcourse, I did not write down the recipe from the first time we used it during our research so I had to GOOGLE the recipe.  There were so many different ways to make this recipe, but this way works WONDERFULLY!

Sorry for the mirror image.  I took this with my webcam.
FULL RECIPE

  • 6 Rolls of toilet paper
  • 2 bars of Ivory Soap (Grated)
  • 1.5 Cups of Borax
  • Water (Add one cup at a time) Do not make too watery. 
    • REMEMBER- You can always add water, but you can't easily take it away!!!
Optional- Food coloring (make sure you add this to water not just mixture = BIG MESS!) And/OR Glitter  


The mixture I made is 1/3rd of the Full recipe.  I added buttons into the mixture to create a tactile discrimintation activity.  Bonus- This smells oh so good and makes your hands super soft!!!
 
I am glad this is on my blog now so I won't have to spend a lot of time researching recipes for the next time I want to make some CLEAN MUD!!! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment