Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Civil rights? Soooo Last Century

I don't normally publicly share my opinions on political matters because it only stirs up trouble, but I am truly disappointed in the people of my home state of North Carolina.  We have passed an amendment that says in our constitution that marriage is only between a man and woman.  The problem with this is that this amendment is so poorly written and the people of this state obviously did not do their research to see what this will actually do to the people of this state.

For those of you who are not familiar with the amendment, here are the facts.


I do truly hate that people saw this as a black and white issue. (AKA if you are okay with gay people or not).  Homosexual is the NEW black.  Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.  Stop the hate/bigotry.  I am a Christian and I know that Jesus wants us to love EVERYBODY.  Judge lest not ye be judged... 
Votes by County
Please notice that counties with larger Universities and major NC cities have voted against this amendment. Just an observation.  Take what you want with it.
My last thought....
This conversation is a lot bigger and more complex than can ever be covered is this short blog post, but I think this topic is worth talking about.  Everyone has opinions and that's what makes us a democratic society.  Thanks for your time.  I welcome tasteful comments.
Have a happy day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment